- Dogs must have completed a Beginner Obedience class at The Canine Connection or pass an proficiency evaluation conducted by one of our training professionals.
- Current on all vaccinations including Bordetella
- Class size is limited. Tuition must be paid in advance in order to guarantee a spot in class.
- Beginner Obedience or equivalent (with permission of instructor).
Class starting on February 24th, 2024
- Online registration is required. We cannot accept walk-in registrations. Payment must be made at the time of enrollment. Registrations received without payment will not be accepted. Classes are non-refundable.
Manners-plus and More
In this six-week class, dogs and owners will:
- Work toward the AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) title, described at https://www.akc.org/products-services/training-programs/canine-good-citizen/what-is-canine-good-citizen/. The “final exam” for the class will be the CGC test, given on the last day. Owners can send in their test forms to get the official certification.
- Work on both improving basic obedience skills like “stay” and “come” and sharpening overall training skills by learning some new tricks.
- Learn about training heeling, both on and off-lead and working on off-lead skills.
- Get an introduction to the sport of rally obedience.”
We use the clicker training method in our classes, and all classes are taught on that foundation. For that reason, in our experience, dogs who have been home-trained or attended classes elsewhere have a very difficult time "catching up" in our intermediate class. We believe you, your dog, and your training goals will be best served by attending our beginner class first. Feel free to call us at 479.444.0300 for further discussion on this issue.